Roadrunner in the Bower

roadrunner in bower.blog

He seems to be saying “Am I not beautiful?”.

He let me take five minutes of video of him and about a dozen stills that day. This morning, he ran all over, teasing me, from one part of the yard to the other. He’s such a rascal! ;->

Click the picture once and let it load, then click again, for maximum size.

Advertisements

About judilyn

RV'er, foody, caregiver, knowledge seeker
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Roadrunner in the Bower

  1. Craig says:

    Are you kidding me!!! What a great shot…you sure he wasn’t stuffed…just too perfect!!!! Congrats.

    • judilyn says:

      He owes me for all the aggravation he puts me through on a daily basis around here! He spent the whole five minutes of video time grooming his feathers, tossing out the old ones, and then looking pleased with himself! When he was sufficiently beautified, he took off down the alley.

  2. gypsy97 says:

    You sure captured his essence perfectly. I think the roadrunner is such an intelligent looking bird.

  3. Bev says:

    Judie, the bird whisperer. It must be, because how else could you get him to pose in just the right spot for you!

    • judilyn says:

      Once he started to groom, the posing was all over. He was like a non-ending cartoon – – – groom, groom, groom – – – feathers going everywhere. I saved the video, so next time you need a soporific, you can watch it! Five minutes of bird grooming ought to do it!

      • Bev says:

        Can you post the video here on your blog?

      • judilyn says:

        ‘Fraid not. I’m using the free version, and I think it takes a fairly expensive paid version to be able to post actual videos. Besides – yawn – it would bore people to death! Even I got bored taking it because he did the same thing over and over, but since I had started the process, I just kept going. I had hoped that he would make some noise, but he didn’t make a sound until the end, and when he moved, the camera focused on something else, so he was all blurry. Some day I’ll learn to run my camera! ;->

      • Bev says:

        Well, keep practicing with the video and you’ll soon become proficient!

      • judilyn says:

        That day was the ultimate in inefficiency. I was trying for multi-shots, but pushed the wrong button, and the “film” started whirling through the threads. So I just went with it! My usual Tao, doncha’ know! ;->

      • Bev says:

        Don’t feel bad. I was often hitting the record button accidentally on the Sony. One day I read in a forum that I could set it so that the record button only worked when the mode dial was set to Movie. That solved about 80% of the problem. The remaining 20% is that now when I accidentally hit the record button, a message pops up and says “that function is only available in Movie mode.” Now I have to press a button to clear the message! So I still have to DO something when I make the mistake, but at least it is not blindly recording video unbeknownst to me and consuming space on the memory card.

      • judilyn says:

        Cute! At least I have a full complement of roadrunner feathers to show for my efforts! ;->

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s